Millican Nurseries ships all over the northeast including, but not limited to, Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island and New York.
During the spring months, one week notice is preferred for deliveries, but orders with less notice can be accommodated. Freight can only be quoted based upon delivery location, truck requirements and quantity of material ordered. Deliveries are 'tailgate' only. Appropriate equipment for unloading is required - We DO NOT have unloading machinery on any of our trucks. Extra stops within a 10-mile radius will incur an additional charge of $60.00 per stop. If our driver is detained beyond a reasonable time period (2 hrs. for a rack truck, 3 hrs. for a tractor-trailer) an additional $75.00 per hour will be added.
We have a number of different trucks available for delivery:
- 48' tractor trailers
- 48' drop-deck trailers (lowboys) for delivery of large trees - These trailers have a poor turning radius, so ample room for turning and backing is needed.
- 48' box trailer – used for large orders consisting of primarily containers.
- 32' tractor trailer (referred to around here as "big stubby")
- 28' tractor trailer ("little stubby") – These stubby trailers can fit almost anywhere a rack truck can fit, but can hold more material and more weight.
- 24' rack Truck
- 22' Swap-body rack trucks – these trucks have the ability to place the body directly on the ground. They are very useful at sites where machine unloading is limited, however, adequate overhead clearance is needed to lower and raise the body. We also need approximately 56' of length to accommodate the truck and the lowered body.
- 16' box truck (The Millican Express) - used for short-notice deliveries of smaller plants
- One-ton dump with a Hudson construction trailer - This truck is often used for small, relatively local deliveries.
- Pick-up trucks – yes, occasionally we will even deliver in one of our pick-ups for small local deliveries.
Having such a diverse line-up of trucks allows us to put your order on the truck that best fits your order size, as well as dealing with job site restrictions you may face. If your order is not large enough to fill out a whole truck, we always do our best to combine orders going to the same region to help everyone save a few bucks on freight. Our friendly drivers look forward to seeing you soon!